Updated BARDA Coronavirus Funding Opportunities
Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) has two open funding opportunities focused on coronavirus, Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) and EZ-BAA. Submissions and meeting requests of coronavirus-related medical countermeasures for both opportunities is through the CoronaWatch portal. Submissions should be brief, 500-word description of the technology together with a slide deck, and/or manuscript and/or publication and/or other non-confidential information.
Please Note! Interested parties who currently have a white paper or proposal under review for any ASPR funding opportunity are not eligible for a CoronaWatch meeting related to that submission.
1. BARDA BAA
White paper and Quad Chart should be submitted by email. Submissions must demonstrate how the proposed technology acts as a countermeasure for SARS-CoV-2 (or COVID-19). BARDA is accepting rolling reviews, meaning completed sections can be submitted once ready.
Areas of Interest:
- Diagnostic Assays: existing FDA-approved platforms, serology tests, as a part of FDA-approved platforms for influenza and other respiratory diseases)
- Point-of-Care Diagnostic Assays
- Vaccines: suitable for commercial scale production; manufacturing within the US; preference for later-stage technologies and those with data from SARS or MERS
- Therapeutics: Proven direct-acting antivirals (in-vitro efficacy vs. human coronaviruses required), host-directed therapeutics (specifically, those indirectly inhibit the coronavirus virus lifecycle) – Please note – preference for repurposed technologies with existing FDA approval or late-stage development, as well as technologies that have reached TRL6 level. Manufacturing in the US required.
- Respiratory protective devices
- Advanced manufacturing technologies
White Paper and Full Proposal Submission Deadline (unless otherwise indicated): October 31, 2020
Any white papers or full proposals submissions unrelated to COVID-19 will be put into a queue.
This funding opportunity aims to promote and accelerate innovation and availability of medical countermeasures.
Areas of Interest:
- Remote patient monitoring and diagnostic tools
- Alternative vaccine delivery platforms (accelerated timeline), such as oral or skin- preference for technologies that have already demonstrated feasibility and/or immunogenicity in humans or animals against Influenza, SARS-CoV1 and 2, or MERS-CoV
Submission Deadline: June 30th, 2020
Abstracts up to $750,000
An IND submission is required upon completion of BARDA DRIVe funding.