The Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) develops and purchases the necessary vaccines, drugs, therapies, and diagnostic tools for public health medical emergencies.
Interestingly, between 2010 and 2012, BARDA experienced a budget increase of some 60% from $337.5M to roughly $547M. For Life Science organizations, this translates into hundreds of millions of dollars in potential grants and contracts to be awarded.
In the upcoming webinar in the series of summer educational webinars, FreeMind’s VP, Ayal Ronen, will discuss key opportunities within BARDA available for Life Science organizations.
Specifically Mr. Ronen will cover:
- BARDA overview – mission and goals
- Interesting statistics on BARDA funding
- Specific funding opportunities
- Regulations, limitations and major challenges in applying
- How to maximize chances for award